2006-03-16

2006 Congression elections prediction

Take these with a grain of salt. I'm happy to predict broad trends but making specific predictions is not exactly my forte.

Nevertheless, I make the following predictions about the 2006 mid-term elections:

In the House, where all 435 representatives are up for election, I predict:

Democrats: 235
Republicans: 200
Independents: 1

Thus the Democrats will control the House.

In the Senate, 33 Senators are up for election, I predict:

Democrats: 27
Republicans: 5
Independents: 1

Which will give the following total in the Senate:

Democrats: 54
Republicans: 45
Independents: 1

So after the 2006 elections, we will see both houses of congress controlled by the Democrats, but not so much that they can prevent a filibuster (60 senators) or easily impeach (67 senators).

Based on: My gut feeling.

No comments: