2007-02-16

One more reason to love Terry Gilliam

(Question)...you never directly approach the issue of sex, you've never really directed a sex scene. Although the theme comes up from time to time…

(Answer) It's been overdone in the movies, I think. I don't know what to do in a sex scene that would be original. I'm basically getting tired of it. Sex scenes seem to be an easy way out so often. They were interesting in the Sixties, when we started seeing them on film, but now I feel they are overused.

I suppose there's another side of me that just feels it's actually a private matter, and not one necessarily that you have to expose publicly. There's lots of kinds of scenes I avoid because they've been overdone - sex scenes are one of those.

Actually, the real reason is that I'm really bad at sex!

(From here)


No comments: