2011-07-14

A reminder

I still consider myself an "Austerian" in the sense that strategies must be put in place to reduce US government debt. My solution is not to cut spending, though, but to increase spending and to increase taxes even more.

So do I like the idea of the Republicans and Obama working together to lower taxes and cut spending? No. Taxes need to be raised. The only thing that needs to be cut is military spending.

So do I like the idea that the US Federal Government should just spend more in stimulus packages? No. Any increase in spending must be over the long term rather than the short term, and no spending increases should be implemented without tax increases.

4 comments:

Jim Nichols said...

wouldn't lowering health care costs be the other thing (along with military spending) that needs to happen. As our broken health care system is the creator of the long term deficits... http://www.cepr.net/calculators/hc/hc-calculator.html

Neil Cameron (One Salient Oversight) said...

No.

As I pointed out here, the US must create a permanent universal health care system ("Medicare for all").

webmoneymantra said...

thanks for sharing get more info

Emilia said...

I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
13377x